Friday, December 30, 2011

Within My Essence

So much death, grief and sadness
Where to put it all, I say
In G-d, of course
But how to find the way?

Not always so easy
Though it seems it should be so
When one truly believes
Shouldn't we just know?
But for whatever reason
Not happening quite so easy
Swaying to and fro in the chaos
I often get quite queasy

I lift my head
I fix my feet
Shoulders pulled back
Standing very tall
For what more can I do
Then stay strong in the face of it all

I could buckle and fall
Anytime anyone of us
We could lose it all
The grim reality
Of the fragility of life

I begin to pray
Ahh...here it is
Once again I see the way
As the fog clears

I become calm within the strife
When I honor G-d's presence
Connecting to the power
Within my very essence


1 comment:

  1. Wise words. Thank you. Connecting between powers given and the Giver of power is synergistic.

    ReplyDelete