Saturday, December 10, 2011

My dear brother

I am sorry
I cannot be there for you

I hope there will come a day
When things will go by the way
And we connect in care for each other
As things were meant to be
You are my brother

I float on by down the river
As you stay fixedly entrenched on the bank
I fare the well
In so many ways,  you're swell
But I see you have your own journey to make
For everyones' sake
Please remember this
For not to tell you would be amiss
You are such an amazing soul

So stuck in your reality
So many facades
So sorry I am
For your disease

Unable to identify
Connection between soul and body
The true schism of the schizophrenic
Born unable to orient ones' spirit
Within the physical world
Of time, distance and space
A participant in the human race
Yet, set up for disgrace
As there is no sixth sense to the self
Stuck in their perception
Unable to see the most basic reality
Virtually unable to distinguish
Specific threat to the body
Unable to see the rest
As there is a blinder
Life, a barrier to the true self

How painful it must be
To be  a schizophrenic
Intolerant of society around
Creating only enemies
Yet simply caring deep within
A barrier to loving connection
Between this life and self

I cannot not stand to think
Of the pain you must withstand
And why you do the things that you do
Sabotaging self and other
I pray for you my brother


1 comment:

  1. Impressive,you know how to give meaning to words.
    Hearty emotions captured well.

    ReplyDelete